Recruitment and retention
This is the single biggest challenge faced by care companies in the UK. Care workers regularly leave their jobs citing a feeling of being overworked and undervalued. Frustrations around the levels of support they can actually offer their clients in short 15, 20 and 30-minute visits are compounded by a social perception that care is somehow a less than worthy vocation. The industry standard is to pay carers minimum wage for what is, arguably, one of the most important services in our society.
At Visiting Angels, we directly tackle these problems by being carer-centric. What does that mean? It’s simple really. It means that we’re committed to treating our carers with respect, valuing them for their commitment and rewarding them for the fantastic support that they provide to our clients.
We believe that, by treating our carers well, they are empowered to deliver an exceptional service with genuine care. Our approach sees us start from the core of the company and work outwards – placing carers at the epicentre of our success.
Our mission is to become the UK Care sector’s employer of choice by 2022.
We proudly uphold our carer-centric stance by:
- Starting rates of pay £10p/h
- Paying our caregivers mileage, holiday pay and whilst they train
- Enrolling all of our caregivers in our company pension scheme
- Loyalty bonus for length of service
- Guaranteed pay increases each year
- Paying for caregiver’s cares to be serviced once a year and valeted every six months
- Providing a company mobile phone
- Organising team events and social days for our cars (we love BBQs and bowling nights!)